Warning: this page contains information compiled by students. Please check the UBC Calendar for the most accurate information.
Although students in the BCIT portion of the program have to take a standard timetable, the transition to UBC makes things interesting with the option of taking courses that pique your interest.
Here are the courses you need to take at UBC.
Section A: you must take ALL of the following
Section B: take TWO (or less, see note below) from the following
- BIOL 436 – Integrated Functional Genomics (not offered in 2011W)
- BIOL 458 – Developmental Neurobiology
- BIOL 462 – Ecological Plant Biochemistry
- BIOL 463 – Gene Regulation in Development
- MEDG 420 – Human Biochemical and Molecular Genetics
- MEDG 421 – Genetics and Cell Biology of Cancer
- MICB 301 – Microbial Ecophysiology
- MICB 306 – Molecular Virology
- MICB 308 – Paradigms in Bacterial Pathogenesis
- MICB 402 – Advanced Immunology
- MICB 408 – Advanced Bacterial Pathogenesis
- MICB 418 – Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology
- BIOC 440 – Concepts in Molecular Biology
- BIOC 450 – Membrane Biochemistry
- BIOC 460 – Advanced Techniques in Biochemistry
Section C: take ONE from the following
Section D: take ONE from the following
- MICB 404 – Topics in Molecular Bacterial Pathogenesis (prereq MICB 403)
- MICB 406 – Topics in Molecular Virology (prereq MICB 306)
- MICB 412 – Topics in Immunological Research (prereq MICB 402)
- MICB 424 – Cellular Dynamics of Pathogenic and Environmental Bacteria (prereq MICB 325)
- MICB 430A – Seminar in Microbiological Literature
Section E: take ONE from the following
Section F: 1 Arts elective and 1-2 other electives.
Note: you may wish to take more than one selection from Sections C, D, or E. The extra credits(s) can be used to defer a selection from Section B.